here a just a handful of the objects I use in my day-to-day life:
1. pouches. as you all know by now, I love me some leather zip-up pouches. the simpler in form, the better. my large black pouch will hold anything from books to art supplies. on the other hand, my baby bright pink pouch actually goes with me to work every morning, as it has become the chic receptacle for my credit card, lip balm, phone, ear buds, ID and spare change.
2. lip balm. can’t do without it. this eos product is easy to locate due to its atypical form and bright color. it’s about as visible in my black work bag as a night- runner dressed in head-to-toe fluorescent, reflective orange gear.
3. lip gloss. mac’s “cultured” lip glass is my current favorite. it’s just sheer enough, but can either be layered with another lipstick, or can be applied multiple times in order to produce a very flattering opaque pink hue.
4. pen. a regular ballpoint pen is the perfect accompaniment for number 5.
5. journal-sketchbook. this epithet sums up my purple book quite nicely. I have just acquired this moleskine product three weeks ago, and I already fear I’ll be running out of pages in the next 2 months. this book alone will get its own post/love letter in the days ahead.
6. iPod. because music > > >.
7. pilot precise pen. perfect for sketching, but not for use with my moleskine journal-sketchbook, as the ink bleeds fairly easily.
8. my pashmina. this paisley-patterned shawl probably serves as my security blanket at this point. I acquired it in 2008 from a little store called Charlotte Russe. I feel elegant whenever I wear it: especially when I am getting some sketching done.
pouches: american apparel. pen: pilot precise. lip balm: eos. lip gloss: mac’s “cultured”. pashmina: charlotte russe. journal-sketchbook: moleskine.